Friday, November 14, 2008

Powell's Sweet Shoppe

We went to Powell's Sweet Shoppe today. It was great. They had not only a huge variety of candy from all over the globe, and many types which are hard to come by, but they also had many novelty toys I remember from growing up in their nolstagic packaging (antfarms, hand buzzers, etc.).
The main reason we went was to see their selection of rootbeers, since I love rootbeer and like to try different ones. This location had about 7 different rootbeers. The location in Oregon, the original has a soda fountain shop next door which has about 50 different rootbeers. I think next time we visit my cousin or uncle we will have to make another trip.
They even had full sized Wonka bars - it seems most stores I go to like Watson's only have the smaller sized ones.
Of course I asked if they had Blackjack gum, but since I know the company only makes it every three years, I wasn't suprised Powell's didn't have it.
All in all, it was fun.
Sherri in front of one small section of candy and the looping Willy Wonka movie.
Me and my rootbeer

1 comment:

Amy, David, Cambria, and Baylen said...

Sarahs gonna be hopped up on sugar by age 1. What a lucky girl!!! haha.