Monday, November 10, 2008

Miniature Golf and MORE!!!

Today Sherri, I, Sherri's sister, Robin, and nephew, Logan went up to Santa Clarita for some miniature golf and FARRELL'S!!!!!!!!! (Author's note: This blog entry might have more excessive uses of exclamation points)
It was AWE...wait for it...SOME!!!
The best part about it, they are looking to start franchising again and there is a high likelihood that Farrell's will be returning to Orange County some time in the future. There was a news crew out there today for local CBS affiliate channel 2 taking some pictures for a story about the expansion (we might be in a shot for the news).
Farrell's was very similar to how I remember it as a child. It even had a player piano (except there are no more scrolls, it has a computer to pick the songs with a touchscreen - I think the player piano scrolls had more charm, but I guess I'm old).
Needless to say, we had a ton of fun.
Anyway, here are some pictures:
Logan and me posing for miniature golf Robin and Sherri
The final score
The person that kept helping us (not our waiter) was great. We ordered a volcano which states only vanilla, but she let us do all the flavors. She got us more hot fudge. She even let me hold the drum they bang for birthdays and when you order the volcano.
Here's a description of the Hot Fudge Volcano. It was so good!!!!!!!!!
Also, I don't have a picture of it, but I liked the bottom of the menu where it listed all the soft drinks and then separately it stated, "Diet Pepsi (But what's the point - you're at Farrell's)."
The volcano in all its glory!!! So good!!!! To paraphrase Homer Simpson, "What's wrong with me. There is still food in my bowl and I don't want to eat it. I've become everything I've ever hated." Us happy and not full. Right before we tackled the volcano.

Here's a video of them bringing out the volcano. I missed the very beginning of her speech.

2 comments:

Amy, David, Cambria, and Baylen said...

WHAT!!!! WHAT!!!!! WHAT!!!!!

Do you know how jealous I am of you right now!!!! Esspecially since you got the Volcano, OMG!!!!

Surge said...

But hopefully soon you will be able to go with Cambria. The owner of this Farrell's actually lives in Orange County, so there is a very good chance he will expand into Orange County.