Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fires

I drove to Glendale this morning for an Estate Planning seminar. I left at about 8:00am and there were no local fires. When I was driving home about 12:30pm or so, I thought maybe I took a wrong turn. I drove down the 5 and onto the 91. I had to turn on my headlights because it was as if someone turned off the light-switch for daytime. The air was terrible and I had to take off my sunglasses because it was so dark out. I drove to my folks house to see how it was over there (they've been evacuated so many times in the past), and while I was there, I helped my dad with the pump he has - he has a pump that acts like a firehouse to rapidly drain water from the pool.
Anyway, here are two pictures of the kitchen remodel from outside. They were taken within a minute or two of each other. Notice the thick smoke in one, and in the other angle the sky is blue. The fire can obviously change direction very quickly in these volatile winds.

No comments: