Thursday, May 15, 2008

More of Sherri sewing

Sherri started this quilt yesterday and was getting frustrated because (1) the sewing machine was acting up and (2) it was taking her quite a long time to cut out the triangles from the fabric. The first problem solved itself somehow and the second problem she solved by asking me to cut up the fabric for her. So while she was at work today I went about thinking about cutting fabric. I figured I needed something to make it easier than the scissors and measuring board that she had, so I went to my folks' house and cut out a wooden block 6" x 6". This probably would have worked fine, except I still had to use the scissors to cut everything, which was going to be a pain - plus I cannot draw or cut in a straight line. So, I didn't tell Sherri, but I went back to JoAnn's and asked them for help. They sold me a 6"x6" plastic thing which went well with the rotary cutter they sold me.
Sherri is none the wiser, I didn't do it the hard way with the scissors, and she will never know because...she...doesn't...read...this...blog...oh wait...d'oh. I guess she knows as soon as she reads this.
Anyway, she's happy because all the triangles are cut and she can put them together quickly now.
Here's the stuff I bought to make the cutting easier.

No comments: