Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tree Removal

My parents are having some trees removed from their yard so they can remodel their kitchen and patio. Two of these trees are pine which have been growing for about 34 years. It is a large understatement to say they were big. Here are some pictures and a very long video (3 minutes) of one of the trees. My parents, Sherri and I were camped out in the backyard observing. It was an amazing process, and a TON of hard work.
Later in the afternoon we went to see "A Chorus Line" at Orange County Performing Arts. It was okay. They did a fine job, but my brother described it best when he said it was like the performers were just going through the motions. It was okay, but it could have been better. I like the musical in general, and that made up for quite a bit in the lacking performances.

1 comment:

Sandy B. said...

Even though I'm excited to see what the new kitchen looks like, it's so sad that a tree older than we are has been felled. Good-bye, strong tree!