Monday, June 9, 2008

Vegas, Baby, and Eggs

VEGAS!!!
Karri and I went to Las Vegas this past weekend and had lots of fun. Karri had never been before, which made me about the worst tour guide ever since I know nothing about Vegas. However, we walked down the strip and saw the sights. We arrived about noon on Saturday and left about 3:30pm on Sunday, so it was a very quick trip. Saturday, we checked in to a very nice bed and breakfast; I recommend The Pendleton's for anyone staying in Vegas. Angel and Greg and the girls were great and their new home is fantastic.
Here's Angel in a rare shot - helping around the kitchen.
We spent most of the day on Saturday just viewing the sights at the various hotels, but I wanted to see a show and Karri was amenable, so that night we went to see Penn and Teller. I saw them about 15 years ago, and although the show has changed a bit, they are still amazing. It's funny they did this one trick that was exactly the same piece of "magic" like a trick they did when I last saw them, but the entire setup was different, so it was a completely different trick. I didn't know how they did it then, and I still don't know how they did it, but I could recognize they tricked me the same way. The theatre didn't allow picture taking during the show, so I took Karri's picture beforehand showing him applauding at a future trick. Afterward the guy sitting next to Karri asked what Karri was clapping at. We told him it was for a trick in the future. He didn't "get it".
The guy that doesn't understand preemptive clapping and Karri After the show, which was at the Wynn, we tried to find a place to bet at the tables, but the Wynn only had $25 tables that I could find, so I suggested we go to Hooters because they have $5 tables. It was a great idea, because we had a ton of fun at the $5 blackjack table. The dealers were great and the people at our table were fun. The drunk guy next to me was very sad when we finally left at about 3:30am. He said "it was great knowing you" and wouldn't quite let go of my hand when we high-fived. It was a good evening too because I won back the price of the theatre ticket. Actually, when everything was said and done, I left Vegas $1 up from when we arrived. Not bad.
The next morning, I woke up at about 6:30am and really only had intermittent sleep so maybe I got about 2 hours of sleep. Karri slept until about noon and then we went to the M&M store about 2:00. I need to get a picture off of Karri's camera of me and Red M&M. It was a very good trip - Karri even told me he had the full Vegas experience (I think he must have snuck out at some point because I don't remember the exotic parts that would make it the "full" experience).
Before I (re)introduced Karri to Blackjack he was mainly a slot machine guy.

BABY!!!

Congratulations Dave and Amy and welcome newborn Cambria Sage!!! I can't remember exactly when she was born (about 12:20pm today), but Dave told me she has a dark mohawk and blue eyes. Amy is doing well and Cambria is healthy and a bit over 7lbs (2 ounces?), and about 18" long. I'm sure Amy will have the full scoop on her blog in a few days time. Can't wait to see them, especially Cambria! We will have to wait a bit though because...

EGGS!!!

Today Sherri had extraction of her eggs and will be on bed rest pretty much for two weeks time. We might be able to go out this Wednesday, June 11th, to celebrate our anniversary one day early, but we have to see how Sherri's doing and what the doctor says.

The egg retrieval went very well. The doctor got 23 eggs out and out of those, 22 were good and injected with sperm. We will probably put embryos in this Thursday, our anniversary, but there is a slight chance it will be Saturday. As of this moment everything is good and Sherri is recovering.

AGAIN...THANK YOU ANGEL AND GREG FOR LETTING KARRI AND I STAY WITH YOU!!!

AND...CONGRATULATIONS TO DAVE AND AMY!!!

AND...WELCOME CAMBRIA SAGE TO THE MILKY WAY, SOL SYSTEM, EARTH!!!

No comments: