Saturday, September 13, 2008

Portland, Damascus, Camp Angelos

Yesterday we got up WAY to early (3:30 for me, 4:00 for Sherri) and got ready to leave for Oregon. We flew, but the flight left at 7:00 and we had to check in and all that jazz. Today is my cousin Sandy's commitment ceremony. I couldn't be happier for her. Chama is wonderful and I love having her part of the family.
We are staying at Camp Angelos, which is a beautiful campground. It really reminds me of summer camp from when I was a kid. Don't have any pictures from it uploaded yet, since I only uploaded one SD card, but I'll do another blog later today with more stuff from yesterday.
Anway, here is my dad getting the treatment at the security gate in Orange County. Ever since he shattered his leg and had a metal rod installed many many years ago, he has become a huge security threat at the airport, or any place with a metal detector. We first went from Portland airport to Damascus where my dad's brother and his wife live. He has an amazing house. Dave, if you ever can visit, you guys would love to talk shop. He has a forest in his yard and can tell you about every plant in there in great detail. He gave a great tour.
Here's my nephew Sawyer. I really like his expression here.
Camp Angelos pictures later today.

No comments: